My fiancé Chris recently sold his home in Sacramento, and we were finally able to move in together! It was great timing because I was getting a bit too comfortable flying solo. I’m 34 years old and an independent gal, and I was loving throwing my shoes wherever I wanted and sprawling out on the bed, but it was time to share. Naturally, I was a little nervous and hoped that our tiny apartment in San Diego could handle both of us and our stuff. Here’s what we’ve learned from our time living together so far.
Welcome to our latest installment of “Ask the Experts,” where our contributor team of wedding planners solves readers’ most pressing wedding-planning dilemmas! This week, Stephanie F. Carmody from Trés Chic Events and Ashley Espinal from Dulce Dreams Events weigh in on how to inject color into your big day without going overboard. Do you have a question that you’d like to submit?
Did you know that 43% of engagements occur between the months of November through January? In honor of Proposal Season, here are 26 universal truths about getting engaged!
1. What you think you'll look like when it happens:
2. What you may actually look like (#fail):
3. Take heart, the end result is the same:
4. The moment he says he wants to spend the rest of his life with you:
5. Instead of elation, you're thinking “Wait, is he just being cute or does this mean….?” (Cue nervous giggles.)
6. Immediately, the suspense becomes unbearable:
7. He's bending down!
8. But you brace yourself in case he's just tying his shoe: